In the Middle Ages, the village of Zborovy was owned by the Cistercian monastery in Nepomuk.

The original Romanesque rotunda is from the turn of the 12th and 13th centuries. In the 17th century and 18th century the church was rebuilt. Church of St. John the Baptist is a building made of broken stone, plastered, originally Romanesque, with an apse and an original window, without significant architectural and decorative elements of this style. The church was founded around 1200, but the exact time of foundation is unknown. The only sources are legends about the foundation of the village. In the XVIII desk it was rebuilt in the Baroque style (vaults and stucco decoration), repaired and restored in 1778. The round nave measures 710 cm in diameter, above it rises a cupola made of broken stone to a height of 840 cm. The triumphal semi-circular arch opens into the presbytery, which is vaulted with a flagstone. On the left is the door to the sacristy, on the right is a baroque window. The building ends with a 220 cm deep apse glazed with an irregular conch. The brick mensa of the altar in the presbytery is baroque, on the wall of the apse there is a primitive painting of St. John the Baptist from more recent times. Inside the church there are pews and a very modest altar with only candles on it.

Legends about the founding of the village

Legend one

At the end of XI. desk a religious movement arose in Europe, the goal of which was the liberation of the Holy Land from the hands of the Mohammedans. The Pope convened a Diet at which a crusade was announced, and so in 1095 the nobility was called to go and liberate the Holy Sepulcher and Jerusalem from the power of the infidels. Many knights of all European countries went into battle, decorated themselves with crosses. At that time, the knight Jan Hošek from Borov lived in a wooden fortress on Hrádek Hill in the local countryside (see the remains of the fort on Hrádek Hill). He lived alone with his faithful servant far from the abodes of men in religious contemplation. When he heard about the crusade to the Holy Land, he decided to go to battle as well. The faithful servant did not forsake his master. In the very first fights, the knight and his servant were captured and imprisoned. Later the servant was released to bring a high ransom for his master. However, the servant's journey to his homeland was long and he had to wait too long in captivity. Knight Hošek recognized the futility of waiting and turned to St. Jan for help. He promised that if he returns home, he will build a church near Hrádek. That night he was brought out by St. After a long and arduous journey, Jan from prison and the knight finally reached his homeland. He immediately fulfilled his promise and had a church built in honor of St. John not far from his fortress. People began to build buildings around the church, and thus a settlement was created, which was named after the knight from Borovy - Zborovy.

Legend two

Another legend says that the church was founded by Jaroslav of Šternberk in memory of his liberation from the battles with the Tatars. The famous winner of the inn found himself alone among the Tatars, who harassed him badly, so he already entrusted his soul to God and considered himself lost. However, he was suddenly saved by a higher power. Out of gratitude, he built a church, on the wall of which he painted a picture of the battles with the Tatars. However, this rumor is not based on the truth, because Plánice was not in the XII. desk property of the Šternberks.

Taken from an older version of the website of the village of Zborovy.