The Old Palace in the square was rebuilt from the original fortress in Renaissance style and in Baroque style.
It has been one most preserved apothecaries with a Baroque interior in the whole Europe.
The town of Klatovy was founded by the Czech King Přemysl Otakar II in about 1260 alongside the important trade way connecting Bohemia with the Danube basin in Bavaria.
Today it is the oldest preserved building in the town.
They were silent witnesses of the economic expansion period, the most important one in this royal town’s history.
The castle with its water ditch fortification was one of the best fortresses of its period.