Dolany - Komošín castle ruins

Komošín Castle is first mentioned in 1334. It belonged then to the lords of Svrčovce, who were apparently also its builders. However, in the second half of the 15th century, the owners built a fortress in Svrčovec and abandoned the local castle. In 1510, Komošín is listed as deserted. In 1703, a chapel was established from the well-preserved walls of the castle, which was abolished during the religious reforms of Joseph II. Four houses were built from the rest of the masonry at the time of Raabization. The last remains of the castle's tower-like building collapsed after 1945. Today, only traces of the original masonry are preserved on the promontory. A trench cut in the rock is visible.
Source: Explanatory board in Komošín