Chudenice - chapel of St. Anne

The large Baroque chapel was built in 1766 by Václav Podivín Holeček, the chief administrator of the Chudenice estate. It is a simple building of an elliptical shape, on the east side there is a vestibule with an entrance. On the west side inside the chapel is an altar and behind it a passage to a small sacristy. The upper half of the chapel is divided by sixteen pilasters that support the main cornice and is broken on the sides by two baroque windows. The roof is gable with an onion turret. In 1786, this chapel was converted into a cemetery.

To this day, a pilgrimage mass is celebrated here every year in honor of St. Anne and mass for the dead.

Source: town of Chudenice