Plánice - Kvasetice

Kvasetice is a local part of the town of Plánice. The village of Kwasetice is mentioned for the first time in the inventory of the property of the Zelená Hora estate in 1551, where its name is given in the form Kwaseticze. The name Kvasetica was probably derived from the village of the Kvasat people. The village is located northeast of Plánice at the foot of Buzrakov hill. The smaller hill above the village is known as Maxberg and a part of the Baroque contribution granary built on the basis of the patent of Emperor Joseph II has been preserved in it. According to the provisions of this patent, each subject who cultivated the land had to surrender a third of the seed for the following three years so that in the event of a crop failure, a supply of grain would be available for sowing. Kratice estate with fortress also falls under Kvasetice. The building of the former fortress on Gothic foundations was rebuilt in the Renaissance around 1580. During the Baroque reconstruction, the manor house was converted into a granary, which still stands today. In the village of Kvasetice there is a chapel of St. Barbara from 1886.

The Nepomuk Cistercian monastery, to which Kvasetice belonged, was founded in 1144. However, due to the burning down of the monastery in Kališnik in 1420, there are very few documents. Already in the first half of the fourteenth century, however, he held a monastery for 80 villages. It is therefore very likely that Kvasetice was also among them.

In the following years, the village of Kvasetice belonged to the estate of Zelenohorská or Plánické, as the owners changed.

In 1869, they are listed as a separate village in the Klatovy district, later in the Horažďovice district. Between 1961-1979, Kvasetice belonged to the municipality of Lovčice, and since 1980 it has been part of Plánice.

Sources: Ing. Martin Kříž and Plánice City Flyer published by AgAkcent, s.r.o.