Hartmanice - Dobrá Voda

The first mentions of the Dobrá Voda settlement come from 1602.
Dobrá Voda near Hartmanice and the nearby Vintířova skála are old places of pilgrimage. The main point of respect in Dobrá Voda was the approximately one meter high statue of St. Vintíře, originally said to be located on a tree near the saint's hermitage. Later, this wooden sculpture from the end of the 15th century found its place on the altar of the church in Dobrovodsk.
Due to the growing influx of pilgrims, in 1706 Baron František Karel Villani, lord of Kundratice and Dobrá Voda, decided to build a stone church on the site of an older chapel built by the noble lord Jiří Čejka from Olbramovice. The church soon acquired a rectory, and in 1754 its space was enlarged by the extension of the nave, and finally, in 1777, a tower from an onion-shaped mine was built on the east side.
A church had been standing in the settlement since 1754, and there was a simple spa at the "miraculous water" spring. From the end of the 18th century, Dobrá Voda belonged to the Prášil court.
The aforementioned water from the well near the church made Dobra Voda famous already in the 14th century. Allegedly, at the intercession of Vintír himself with God, she gained the power to heal people and animals, which gave the impetus to the establishment of the spa.
For many decades, three ethnic groups lived here together: Czech, German and Jewish. Until 1989, this area was part of and at the same time the administrative center of a large military training area for almost four decades. Today, Dobrá Voda is once again an important place of pilgrimage, visited by tens of thousands of visitors every year.
Today, the village houses the Dr. Museum. Šimon Adler, the owner of the local glass factory, who perished in the Auschwitz concentration camp in 1944.

The village of Pustina used to be located near Dobrá Vody, which fell under the Kundratic estate. The settlement disappeared after the Second World War and about the last resident MUDr. František Kostrouch, who lived here until the nineties of the last century, is told by Emil Kintzl in his series Zmizelá Šumava.