The first written mention of Hradešice dates from 1360, in connection with the local church of the Transfiguration. In the 14th century, the village belonged to the lords of Janovice, later in the years 1374-1422 to Vilém of Čachrov and then to his son Jenec. In the 16th century it was part of the Ráb manor, and from 1591 it belonged to the Nalžov manor. Hradešice was declared a village monument zone in 1995. One of the reasons for the declaration of a village conservation zone is the unusual urban planning solution in the shape of a Latin cross. The core of the village is a regular semi-trailer, on which a volunteer theater was once performed, whose tradition has recently been restored. The baroque parsonage was the seat of the municipal office and the library, which were moved in 2012 to the renovated building of the former school. The building of the former inn U Panušků stands in the neighborhood of the rectory, where innkeeper Karel Panuška was the first in Bohemia to introduce the production of Hungarian salami in 1880. During the reign of Maria Theresa, new high-quality roads began to be built. One of them, the so-called imperial road No. 21 from České Budějovice via Strakonice to Klatov, separated a part with a church, a cemetery and a former school from the municipality itself. Poet, editor and translator Vladimír Stuchl was born in Hradešice. He is the author of several poetry collections.

On the northern edge of the village stands the parish church of the Transfiguration of the Lord from the second half of the 14th century, which is listed on the list of immovable cultural monuments. The time of its creation is also proven by the preserved remains of Gothic frescoes in the original vault. The location of the church and the circular wall around the cemetery indicate that it once had a defensive character. The church tower also hides a technical unique, namely a functional tower clock by Václav Krečmer from 1899. Only three tower clocks of this type have survived in the Czech Republic. At the entrance to the cemetery is the grave of Msgre, a native of Hradec Králové. Ph.Dr. Antonín Melka, papal prelate, professor of theology and religious writer.

On the road approximately 2 km outside Hradešice, no one will miss the chapel of St. Anthony of Padua, which is included among the sacred and pilgrimage sites of the diocese of České Budějovice. Already on Müller's map of Bohemia from 1720, the hermitage of St. Antonina. The chapel, originally dedicated to the patron saint of miners, St. Barbora, had František Taaffe built in 1787. Since 1809, the Neo-Gothic family tomb of the Taaff family has been part of the chapel. A 400-year-old oak tree, the oldest in the region, grows next to the chapel.